The world is your oyster!: Banana Bread and Banana Phones        
 
                 
     
       

These are a few of my favorite things:

summertime
pina-colada flavored italian ice
ribbons
sisters
i.n.s.t.a.n.t...o.a.t.m.e.a.l.
dance parties
pearls
flamingos
America
missionaries
s.u.n.g.l.a.s.s.e.s.
playgrounds
dressing up
love :)
     
       

Pages

My name is Heather.

I am 22 years old.

I am an East Coast girl
who also loves Utah.

I love my life. How could I not?

The world is my oyster :)
Powered by Blogger.

I like that word....

I like that word....
mannnnhole.

The World is your Oyster

The World is your Oyster

I'm a Mormon

"If you love what you know, share it!"

Here's what I love:

mormon.org
lds.org

Followers

another traffic counter

blog traffic counter

     
     
       

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Banana Bread and Banana Phones

What did you do with your Leap Day?

Here's what C, J, P, M, MP and I did:

C: I just feel like everyone was like, on one tonight. I don't even know what was going on.

H: She's just super pretty and gets asked on dates all the time. Like, she probably goes on 3 dates a week.
P: Wait....are you talking about yourself?
C: Are you kidding me?? Did anyone else see that?
P: See what? I was just saying.
C: You are hitting on her right in front of everyone!

H: I feel so pregnant right now!

C: Okay you guys always try to set us up with people when we are around them. Stop.

H: "I feel like - you know how sometimes, you get in the pool, and it's cold -" *Boys burst out laughing* ".....Okay please calm down, that's not what I'm talking about. I'm just saying, when the pool is cold, and you swim for a while, you get used to it, and I feel like tonight, I've been swimming in a pool of awkwardness. So now I don't even feel like anything is awkward anymore."

C: Let's just all lay all our cards on the table. I'm C. I don't like you. Or you. You both are attractive, but we're not gonna date. And......that's it.

H: Look, M. This is the dress I'm going to wear. My roommate wore it when she did a pageant.
P: Yeah, her roommate is really cute.
H: OKAY, M, why don't you just keep hitting on my roommate?

C: [discreetly talking about a boy to H and the whole table stops to listen]
C: Okay, we'll talk about this later.
P: Wait, tell us!
H: I talk to them about boys all the time.
P: There are no secrets here.
C: Okay.... [tells the whole entire story with even more detail]

P: What's that, C? Oh I think I dropped something.... (bending over seductively (ish) )

M: *singing*
H: You know this song?
M: No.....they're just all the same
H: But that's how this one goes!
M: Yeah. Cuz they're all the same.

P: Buck futter!
H: What is that, like tig 'ol bitties?
C: Oh my gosh, H, stop saying that

J: So it's P and H, and me and C.
P: Whoa, just cuz you like her the best doesn't mean that she likes you.

J: Cut the banana bread on the cutting board. (repeats this 4x)
H: *cutting the banana bread on the cooling rack*
J: H! I just said, cut. the banana bread. on the cutting board. I said that like 4 times! Now it's gonna be all crumbly!

C: *doing the sign for "never"*
P: C, why didn't you just tell us that you never kissed anyone?
C: What? I never.....I just said....
P: No it's fine. Like you don't have to be embarrassed, that's really cool.
J: P, just because you want to date H.....
P: What!?
H: Wow, C, J must really like you because he just threw me under the bus when P was giving you a hard time.
P: Oh wow, so dating me is like getting thrown under the bus?! Thank you.
C: Everyone is just throwing everyone under the bus now

J: Are you guys txting? While sitting next to each other?
H: Noooo.....
C: Maybe if you would stop reading our signs......

H: Okay, no. Let me just tell you what P once said.
M: Mmmm, I love first date stories.

C: My first date was with Joe. [Talks about the date]....and my mom, grandma, and great-grandma all met him -
H: Wait. Your mom, grandma, and great-grandma all went on the date?
C: No! they were there when he came to get me!

J: I just remember going up to C's door, with brownies, to apologize. And it seems like it happened more than once.
C: It did. And my mom made me go talk to you. Because I wasn't going to.

J: MP comes over and immediately gets set up on a date. I've been asking for weeks and I still have not been set up!
P: Well at least dating you isn't equivalent to being thrown under a bus.
H: I'm sorry, wasn't it you who said you'd rather jump off a cliff than -
P: I'm sorry, I was twelve and awkward when I said that!

P: Sorry M, MP is taken.
C: .......
P: What? Everyone else has been linked together at this table.

C: (to MP) I mean, I never like, liked you.
P: ....YEAH you did!
C: (bright red) Okay I mean....we all kind of liked all of you at some point.

H: So what are you going to do with that last banana bread?
J: We were going to give that one to our home-teachees.
P: Yeah but do you think that would be weird? Like because they're dudes? And we made banana bread?
J: Ooooh, you're right.
P: Like, hey boys, we just made this banana bread for you :)!
J: Plus it's too far a walk.
P: Well. We tried.
H: So uhh....now what are you going to do with that last banana bread?
J: Go ahead and have some.

P: Okay M's coming over. He's awesome, one of you can date him.
C: Again with the setting us up.....

MP: Are you two like, dating, can you just get married already?

H: (authoritatively) I just have something to say!!!
*M and P each grab a banana and shove it in H's face like a microphone*

C: I got a letter from A!
MP: Are you waiting for him?
C: .....
MP: It's okay if you are. I'm waiting for him too.
C: Okay, obviously I'm not waiting for everyone, sorry you think so....

MP: Listen. Focus. I have a story.

C: Okay I have been paired up with everyone at this table tonight. And some people who are not here. Anyone else?

MP: And then I was like, what the heck am I supposed to do with this?

H: (talking into a banana....obviously the night had taken a turn for the worse.....)
M: (picking up another banana and also talking into it) Oh hey.
H: How did you get my number? I thought you were in love with my roommate.
M: Oh right. Hi, is J there?
H: *hanging up*
M: ....Hello?



If anyone has anything to add.....I know I am missing a ton so please contribute via txt or blog comment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment