The world is your oyster!: Too Hot to Handle        
 
                 
     
       

These are a few of my favorite things:

summertime
pina-colada flavored italian ice
ribbons
sisters
i.n.s.t.a.n.t...o.a.t.m.e.a.l.
dance parties
pearls
flamingos
America
missionaries
s.u.n.g.l.a.s.s.e.s.
playgrounds
dressing up
love :)
     
       

Pages

My name is Heather.

I am 22 years old.

I am an East Coast girl
who also loves Utah.

I love my life. How could I not?

The world is my oyster :)
Powered by Blogger.

I like that word....

I like that word....
mannnnhole.

The World is your Oyster

The World is your Oyster

I'm a Mormon

"If you love what you know, share it!"

Here's what I love:

mormon.org
lds.org

Followers

another traffic counter

blog traffic counter

     
     
       

Monday, October 17, 2011

Too Hot to Handle

Here's what's out of hand: the temperature in the LRC. It should notttt. Be hovering around an unfriendly 906* when there are people in here trying to work. Why. WHY? This is a problem every year! Every year I complain to the people at the desk. Every year the conversation goes something like this:

me: Hi. Are you guys in charge of the temperature in here? Cuz it's really hot. (Don't worry. I realize this is stating the obvious.)

desk person (making the same sympathetic face they probably perfected 3 yrs ago when this first became a problem): Sorrrryyy! We're actually not in charge of it. We've talked to (blank - I never really listen to this part but usually they say something ambiguous like "the building," "the administration," "the people in charge," etc.-) about it and they're working on getting it fixed.

me: Oh. I'm sorry you have to work here when it's so hot!

We both laugh in our misery at the heat. In my head, I blame the desk person for not storming around until it gets fixed. In their head, they hate me because I don't have to stay here and I'm just wasting their time asking the same stupid question that they get 10 times a day and besides that, I've just reminded them of their sorry existence.

But seriously I don't understand why this happens every year. I could understand if one year the AC was broken, but I will never understand why the same problem happens repeatedly. Who is in charge?? Who needs to be fired?

I'm about to blame Jake Heaps for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment