The world is your oyster!: T Swizzle        
 
                 
     
       

These are a few of my favorite things:

summertime
pina-colada flavored italian ice
ribbons
sisters
i.n.s.t.a.n.t...o.a.t.m.e.a.l.
dance parties
pearls
flamingos
America
missionaries
s.u.n.g.l.a.s.s.e.s.
playgrounds
dressing up
love :)
     
       

Pages

My name is Heather.

I am 22 years old.

I am an East Coast girl
who also loves Utah.

I love my life. How could I not?

The world is my oyster :)
Powered by Blogger.

I like that word....

I like that word....
mannnnhole.

The World is your Oyster

The World is your Oyster

I'm a Mormon

"If you love what you know, share it!"

Here's what I love:

mormon.org
lds.org

Followers

another traffic counter

blog traffic counter

     
     
       

Friday, September 30, 2011

T Swizzle

One day in August, Jacob and I went to the Awful Waffle for a little snack. He said he had a question to ask me before we came to pick me up, so I asked him while we were enjoying our crepes, "What did you want to ask me?"

He said, "What are you doing on September 28th?"

I thought that was kind of a weird question. I said, "Um....well I can check my schedule? I think I have plans...what am I doing then?"

He said, "Do you want to go to Taylor Swift's concert with me?"

You guys, I came this close to peeing my pants when he said that. Do you know how much I love Taylor Swift?? If I could only go to one concert in my life, that's the one I would want to go to. I love her songs, know the words to almost all of them, love her clothes, and kind of want to be her sometimes - or at least be as awesome as her. That would be cool.

Obviously I said yes.

This week, I was a little sicky, but I was determined to be better in time for T-Swift. Jacob and I tried to prepare by listening to only Taylor Swift songs in the car, watching her music videos, and watching some SNL skits from when she hosted it.

On Wednesday, September 28th, Jacob picked me up from my class at 4. We stopped by my apartment so I could change and eat a little bit, and then we set off for Salt Lake!




We got there at about 5:30, which was perfect because then we had time to look around and take some pictures. There were at least 15 or 20 trucks with Taylor's Covergirl pictures on them. There were also different stages for radio stations giving out pit passes and autographed guitars and cool things like that. Jacob caught some mascara for me so I was pretty pumped about that!




At about 6:45 we got in line to get in. While we were standing there, Jacob said, "I think that girl just took a picture of you!" I looked where he was looking and there were 5 or 6 middle-school girls all looking from a cell phone to me and then at each other. Hmmmm.

"WHY?" I asked Jacob, looking straight at the girls.



Jacob didn't know. We stood there looking at the girls, very confused, until the mom with them leaned out of their line and said, laughing, "I'm sorry! She just thought you two made the CUTEST couple so she had to take a picture."

"I....! Well they....just look! I didn't get....okay well now I'll just take it obviously," the girl with the cell phone sputtered. We laughed and felt flattered and posed for a picture.



After that, we were in! We found our seats, way up in the top and to the left of the stage. There were screens on either side of the stage but our seats were too far to the left of the stage, so we couldn't see it very well. Until we scooted down to some empty seats and took them for ourselves. Oops....

As we sat there, waiting for the concert to begin, we tried taking a picture of ourselves, but it just wasn't working out. The lady behind us kindly asked if we wanted her to take one. We kindly thanked her. She kindly told us that we were just so cute, she had to offer! Apparently people who go to T-Swift concerts are all super nice :)




After the opening acts, Taylor came out onstage! She opened with "Sparks Fly," one of my favorites, and I'm pretty sure everyone in the Energy Solutions Arena was singing along. The music ended, but the cheering didn't even slow down.

"Hello Salt Lake City!" Taylor said, waving. We cheered. "I'm Taylor," she said, placing one hand on her chest. I wish people would get as excited when I introduce myself as we all did then!



The rest of the night was absolutely amazing. She sang almost every song from her "Speak Now" album and some from "Fearless." She changed her outfit and hair several times. There was smoke, confetti, a violin sextet, and a fake wedding. Fireworks shot from the ceiling, sparks showered down on the stage, ballerinas tiptoed around each other, and the set changed as often as the song. Taylor ran off the stage and walked through the audience, giving hugs to all the lucky pit pass holders. She played the piano, guitar, ukelele, and banjo. She did a cover of Neon Trees' "Animal" and played a little "I'm Yours" (Jason Mraz) and "Apologize" (Timbaland) with her other songs.

And in the end, after we all thought she was done, this happened:









Dear Taylor,

I had the best day with you today.



Love,

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment