The world is your oyster!: Comfort Zones        
 
                 
     
       

These are a few of my favorite things:

summertime
pina-colada flavored italian ice
ribbons
sisters
i.n.s.t.a.n.t...o.a.t.m.e.a.l.
dance parties
pearls
flamingos
America
missionaries
s.u.n.g.l.a.s.s.e.s.
playgrounds
dressing up
love :)
     
       

Pages

My name is Heather.

I am 22 years old.

I am an East Coast girl
who also loves Utah.

I love my life. How could I not?

The world is my oyster :)
Powered by Blogger.

I like that word....

I like that word....
mannnnhole.

The World is your Oyster

The World is your Oyster

I'm a Mormon

"If you love what you know, share it!"

Here's what I love:

mormon.org
lds.org

Followers

another traffic counter

blog traffic counter

     
     
       

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Comfort Zones

Tonight, I went ice-skating with my sisters Kelly and Sarah. Sarah is 7, and it was an institute activity, but we brought her along anyway. As I was skating around, I thought a lot about the ice-skating class I took at school last semester. It was one of my favorite classes of the semester and I think that one of the reasons I liked it so much was because it was kind of out of my normal comfort zone. Usually for electives I take a dance class with Kelly. Which, we still did last semester, but anyway. I think loved that class because I learned something new when I was there. I totally saw improvement in myself from the beginning of the class to the end. I used to go ice-skating almost every year on New Years Day when they have like 2 or 3 hrs of free skating time in the morning, and every year I just clung to the wall or someone's arm and didn't really do anything. I was clearly inept at skating. But by the end of the class, I could go forward without holding onto anyone! I could go backwards! I could spin....kind of.....a little bit. I could do swizzles! I could evennn pick my foot up and glide a little ways. I liked that class because I saw marked improvement and that was nice to be able to quantify it.

Also. Speaking of comfort zones. I think everyone has two comfort zones, and one of them is what you are comfortable doing like all the time, no problem. It's what you do in a normal day. Or what you would be willing to do in a normal day. Then there's another comfort zone that is what you would feel comfortable trying, even though you kind of feel uncomfortable about it. And then past that, there's all the stuff you would never ever try because it is just so far removed from your comfort zone. And I think that some people have a huge outer level of their comfort zone. They are willing to try pretty much anything that they don't feel comfortable with. And other people are willing to try like nothinggg out of their comfort zone. I think that I am kind of in the middle. I am willing to try new things if I can see the benefit that it has for me and I am willing to try new things that won't really benefit me but can't hurt if someone I like wants to do them with me. For instance, skydiving. I have never had any interest in skydiving. Whatsoever. I think it sounds scary and totally unpleasant and kind of dumb and overrated. But if my boyfriend really liked skydiving and he wanted to take me, I guess I'd go with him. But I'm pretty sure if this scenario never happens, I will not be going skydiving um ever. That's all for today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment