The world is your oyster!: RIP Taylor??        
 
                 
     
       

These are a few of my favorite things:

summertime
pina-colada flavored italian ice
ribbons
sisters
i.n.s.t.a.n.t...o.a.t.m.e.a.l.
dance parties
pearls
flamingos
America
missionaries
s.u.n.g.l.a.s.s.e.s.
playgrounds
dressing up
love :)
     
       

Pages

My name is Heather.

I am 22 years old.

I am an East Coast girl
who also loves Utah.

I love my life. How could I not?

The world is my oyster :)
Powered by Blogger.

I like that word....

I like that word....
mannnnhole.

The World is your Oyster

The World is your Oyster

I'm a Mormon

"If you love what you know, share it!"

Here's what I love:

mormon.org
lds.org

Followers

another traffic counter

blog traffic counter

     
     
       

Monday, March 29, 2010

RIP Taylor??

From the day I walked into the Verizon store and spotted my baby blue Chocolate 3 a year and three months ago, I knew we were going to be close. Now, my phone is dead. I can't revive him anymore. He has bleeped his last feeble bleep. I am distraught.

It's true, what they say: you never know what you've got til it's gone. I never realized how much I depend on my phone until it was gone. Today and yesterday, I've been an absolute basket case.

I've always been very nice to Taylor, and honestly, he's always been very nice to me, until about a week ago. We've been through a lot together. I have several pictures on him that I value a lot. I have a considerably large inbox where all my important txts are saved. Every night, he sings me to sleep with my favorite songs.

A week or so ago, he decided to stop charging. I guess if I'm going to keep going with the phone-human analogy, I should say he just stopped eating and drinking. I had to practically force feed him, my phone painstakingly propped up on a book, the cord held firmly in place with two ponytails. For a while he swallowed the nourishment. Then, he just stopped altogether.

Fighting back tears for my friend, I brought him to the Verizon store on Saturday to see if it was Taylor or just his charger. It was Taylor. They backed up my contacts just in case he died and didn't come back to life. On Sunday, that's exactly what happened. Taylor.....was no more.

Today, I went back to the Verizon store. A snarky mustachioed salesman laid out my options: I could either buy a memory chip ($25) and a new phone, the same model ($50), or I could use someone else on the plan's upgrade and get a new phone, but a different model (like $20-$120, depending on which model I chose), OR I could get a new battery that may or may not work ($40). I went with the last option, because if the battery didn't work, then I would get my money back and try a new phone ($75). Also, I would be able to keep all my pictures, songs, and txts (priceless).

On Wednesday, I will be getting my new battery in the mail. I am crossing my fingers that after this, Taylor will come back to life. I miss him a lot.

By the way, his name is Taylor because I had a picture of Taylor Lautner on the front display. Just him and his ten-pack. Mmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment