The world is your oyster!: My OTHER Famous People Pants        
 
                 
     
       

These are a few of my favorite things:

summertime
pina-colada flavored italian ice
ribbons
sisters
i.n.s.t.a.n.t...o.a.t.m.e.a.l.
dance parties
pearls
flamingos
America
missionaries
s.u.n.g.l.a.s.s.e.s.
playgrounds
dressing up
love :)
     
       

Pages

My name is Heather.

I am 22 years old.

I am an East Coast girl
who also loves Utah.

I love my life. How could I not?

The world is my oyster :)
Powered by Blogger.

I like that word....

I like that word....
mannnnhole.

The World is your Oyster

The World is your Oyster

I'm a Mormon

"If you love what you know, share it!"

Here's what I love:

mormon.org
lds.org

Followers

another traffic counter

blog traffic counter

     
     
       

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My OTHER Famous People Pants

I talked in an earlier post about a pair of pants that I own, a pair of pants that have been with me when I saw Taylor Swift in concert, saw Donny Osmond in person, and shook hands with Michael Birkeland. In this post, I am going to talk about another pair of famous people pants I have that are cool for a different reason: they used to belong to a famous person, and she gave them to me personally.

Last semester, I was called to be an FHE mom in my ward. I loved my calling. Besides my apartment, there was only one other apartment of girls in our family, and Lindsey Stirling lived there. She taught Sunday School in our ward and she was so entertaining and funny that I went to her class every opportunity I got.

One night after FHE, she asked me what size pants I wear. I told her, and she said she had a pair of pants that she had grown out of that she thought would probably fit me. I was thrilled! I love new clothes, and I was happy to get a new pair of jeans.


Lindsey is a hiphop violinist, meaning that she plays the violin while dancing to hiphop music. She told us earlier in the year that she had been asked to audition for America's Got Talent, but she wasn't allowed to tell us if she had made it or not. I found out that she had a few weeks ago, when I saw her picture on the front page of the Daily Universe. I was ecstatic that she had made it on the show!

Earlier tonight, I watched Lindsey's live performance (on TV). It was so exciting! She is exactly the same on stage, in front of millions of people, as she is in person. This time, she danced and played along to "Break Your Heart" by Taio Cruz and "Tik Tok" by Kesha. Everything about her is so completely Lindsey, from her funky hairstyle to her genuine smile to her stripey stockings. She was an absolute delight to watch as she strutted and hopped all over the stage.

Personally, I called in and voted for her at least ten times. (I lost track, so it was probably more like fifteen....but I wanted to make sure I used all my votes!) I hope that everyone else in America did the same. Tomorrow, I will be watching the results show, wearing my other Famous People Pants and keeping my fingers crossed. Yay Lindsey!

No comments:

Post a Comment