The world is your oyster!: Hoe-down! (Throwwwdown)        
 
                 
     
       

These are a few of my favorite things:

summertime
pina-colada flavored italian ice
ribbons
sisters
i.n.s.t.a.n.t...o.a.t.m.e.a.l.
dance parties
pearls
flamingos
America
missionaries
s.u.n.g.l.a.s.s.e.s.
playgrounds
dressing up
love :)
     
       

Pages

My name is Heather.

I am 22 years old.

I am an East Coast girl
who also loves Utah.

I love my life. How could I not?

The world is my oyster :)
Powered by Blogger.

I like that word....

I like that word....
mannnnhole.

The World is your Oyster

The World is your Oyster

I'm a Mormon

"If you love what you know, share it!"

Here's what I love:

mormon.org
lds.org

Followers

another traffic counter

blog traffic counter

     
     
       

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Hoe-down! (Throwwwdown)

Went to a Hoedown last night. Dressed up like a cowgirl. FROZE to death. Obviously, since I still can't even form complete sentences.

All I'm saying is, I got free food and I danced and had fun and I love hoedowns. Love them! I love when everyone wears plaid and feeds me pulled pork and chicken and potato salad and I love when people cheer because they announce an activity where four people straddle a wooden beam and then race across a field. I love lining up and dancing the cotton-eyed joe and I love being serenaded with an acoustic, slowed-down version of "Single Ladies" that sounds like Ingrid Michaelson is singing it.

The highlight of the evening for some people was when we all witnessed a proposal! This guy cleared the dance floor and danced with his girlfriend. I called it right as he was clearing the dance floor. It's like I have a sixth sense about proposals or something.

Anyway, they danced until someone stomped on the cord and the song came to a screeching halt. Taking it all in stride, the guy proposing just pulled out this big bouquet of blue flowers. Then he pulled out the ring, knelt down, and asked his girlfriend if she would marry him. She put her hands over her mouth and stood there for a minute while we all oohed and aahed and cheered.

I still don't know if she said yes but they were mackin on the dance floor in a few minutes, so whether she said yes or no, I guess he liked her answer. So it was a good time had by all.

All I'm saying is, this is the second proposal I have actually witnessed. The next one I witness had better be my own. Haha just kidding :)

PS. It's important, when speaking about the really fun event where people get together dressed up like cowboys and cowgirls and dance and eat food, that you spell it "Hoedown." Otherwise people get confused and think "Hoe [space] down? Where?"

No comments:

Post a Comment