The world is your oyster!: Pity the Pepper        
 
                 
     
       

These are a few of my favorite things:

summertime
pina-colada flavored italian ice
ribbons
sisters
i.n.s.t.a.n.t...o.a.t.m.e.a.l.
dance parties
pearls
flamingos
America
missionaries
s.u.n.g.l.a.s.s.e.s.
playgrounds
dressing up
love :)
     
       

Pages

My name is Heather.

I am 22 years old.

I am an East Coast girl
who also loves Utah.

I love my life. How could I not?

The world is my oyster :)
Powered by Blogger.

I like that word....

I like that word....
mannnnhole.

The World is your Oyster

The World is your Oyster

I'm a Mormon

"If you love what you know, share it!"

Here's what I love:

mormon.org
lds.org

Followers

another traffic counter

blog traffic counter

     
     
       

Monday, July 2, 2012

Pity the Pepper

If I were a really cool blogger, I would probably do occasional posts on the fancy food that I make err day, or the fancy clothes that I wear on the reg. But I don't really wear fancy clothes, and even though I do love to experiment with new foods when I come home, I never document them. Instead, I like to blog about the free food that other people make and then send my way.

(Just in case you are interested, I have made 21 dinners since being home, and like 9 breakfasts, and 2 lunches, and they have all been really great.)

But today, I actually would like to tell you about the dinner I made. It was called: salmon and wild rice. It is an old favorite in our family when we are running low on time because it is super-quick and super-simple.

Anyway, today, I went downstairs to find some wild rice in the yellow room. Only I got assaulted by two black pepper grinders that fell on the floor and immediately shattered, as if all the world had wronged them by looking for wild rice.

Sarah came rushing in to help me clean up the mess. One of them still had lots of pepper left in it, so I put it up on the shelf again so I could bring it upstairs with me and add it to the other pepper grinder.

"It's okay, Heather," Sarah said, by way of comforting me. "I break goblets sometimes."


This is true. She has broken three in the past 2 months.

She held the dustpan and I started sweeping the pepper and glass into it. "Dad would be in heaven," she said. "All this pepper...."

Less than one minute after we finished cleaning it up, the pepper grinder that still had lots of pepper in it fell again. And shattered. And Sarah came back in to help me clean that mess up.

Which is why my go-to methods for finding food that I need include:

1. calling a brother to get it
2. calling a sister to get it
3. when all else fails, calling in Mom to get it.

Because if I have to look for it, all the pepper grinders will shatter.

This may or may not be a metaphor. And in case you're wondering, I'm currently in the market for car insurance. So, there's that.

Also, I may not be a "real blogger" in the sense that I post about recipes and outfits, but next week I will do something cool and real blogger-y! Called, I will have a guest blogger do a little post. I'm pretty excited about it and all of you should be, too :) So stay tuned for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment