The world is your oyster!: Life Lessons Learned at the Opera*        
 
                 
     
       

These are a few of my favorite things:

summertime
pina-colada flavored italian ice
ribbons
sisters
i.n.s.t.a.n.t...o.a.t.m.e.a.l.
dance parties
pearls
flamingos
America
missionaries
s.u.n.g.l.a.s.s.e.s.
playgrounds
dressing up
love :)
     
       

Pages

My name is Heather.

I am 22 years old.

I am an East Coast girl
who also loves Utah.

I love my life. How could I not?

The world is my oyster :)
Powered by Blogger.

I like that word....

I like that word....
mannnnhole.

The World is your Oyster

The World is your Oyster

I'm a Mormon

"If you love what you know, share it!"

Here's what I love:

mormon.org
lds.org

Followers

another traffic counter

blog traffic counter

     
     
       

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Life Lessons Learned at the Opera*

I went to the opera this weekend. It was my first time, and I was quite excited. I expected to be entertained, to hear beautiful music, and to feel more cultured afterwards. What I didn't expect was that I would learn so many life lessons there!


I know, Anastasia. I know! Shocking. But I did. And now, I would like to share them with you.

1. The woman you love will usually be taken.

2. A few minutes is enough time for a burning passion to be ignited inside of you.

3. Said burning passion can burn for a year before you actually feel compelled to confess it.

4. The friends you party with are probably unconcerned about your health.

5. But they are greatly concerned about your love life and will fiercely defend you if an ex-lover is rude to you.

6. Even if you probably deserve it because you did leave him with no explanation and show up at a party with the man you were dating before him.

7. Doctors are liars with good intentions.

8. Women in love are liars with good intentions.

9. Men in love are crazed liars. And their intentions are malicious. Until they feel sorry.

10. Love makes people do things they regret instantly.

11. Women sometimes stay in unhealthy relationships for far too long.

12. Love cannot cure mysterious diseases.

13. People with mysterious illnesses that have rendered them unable to stand can still sing forcefully.

14. Dying can take a long time.

15. A long, long time.

16. Sometimes when people say forever, they mean "until I change my mind."

17. The person in a relationship who was abandoned by their lover will not always be the sadder of the two.

18. Ecoli Imishi might not be able to come, even if you were so looking forward to hearing her.

Have you ever been to an opera? What are some life lessons you learned?






*I make no promises that the things on this list are things I actually learned at the opera. But most of them are.

1 comment:

  1. whhaaatt?? Ecoli Emishi didn't show?! I'm sure she'll be there next time. You have my word!

    ReplyDelete