The world is your oyster!: Called to [Crowd-Surf]        
 
                 
     
       

These are a few of my favorite things:

summertime
pina-colada flavored italian ice
ribbons
sisters
i.n.s.t.a.n.t...o.a.t.m.e.a.l.
dance parties
pearls
flamingos
America
missionaries
s.u.n.g.l.a.s.s.e.s.
playgrounds
dressing up
love :)
     
       

Pages

My name is Heather.

I am 22 years old.

I am an East Coast girl
who also loves Utah.

I love my life. How could I not?

The world is my oyster :)
Powered by Blogger.

I like that word....

I like that word....
mannnnhole.

The World is your Oyster

The World is your Oyster

I'm a Mormon

"If you love what you know, share it!"

Here's what I love:

mormon.org
lds.org

Followers

another traffic counter

blog traffic counter

     
     
       

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Called to [Crowd-Surf]

If you haven't been living under a rock for the past few days, your facebook probably got all blown up with pictures from the Holi Festival of Colors.

Here are some, just on the off-chance that you have been living under a rock:

The Festival of Colors is a Hindu celebration where people go and throw colored chalk in the air, and it gets everywhere, all over your face and in your hair and on your clothes, and then everyone jumps up and down, rocking out to Hindu prayers and songs, and then people act a little crazy because that's what you do when you get colorful chalk on you, and then everyone runs home as fast as they can to put their awesomer-than-everyone-else's pictures on facebook.

WELL having never been to this wonderful event, I wasn't about to miss any of those steps. I went with some really good friends as well as some new friends, and we had a blast!

Here's us on our way to the Festival:

so fresh and so clean clean.

We got there at about 10:30, so we were in time for the 11:00 chalk throwing. But all of this happened before 11:00.....

Steve was kind enough to hold me on his shoulders for the throwing. It was awesome to have such a tall view! For about a minute after 11:00 struck and everyone's colors filled the air, I could barely see in front of me. But it really looked so cool.

I wouldn't advise any of my asthmatic friends to attend this event. But to everyone else, I highly recommend it!

OH and I almost forgot. After the throwing, we went right up to the edge of the stage where they were playing Hindu rock music. The musicians got on the microphone and thanked us all for coming, gave some tips for safe crowd-surfing, and introduced their next song. All of a sudden, I found myself being lifted into the air and flung, despite my screams, on top of the people next to us.

Those people reached up to catch me, then passed me on to the people next to them. And I was off! People underneath me just moved me along. I was crowd-surfing!

And then, I wasn't. I was falling. I was kicking a poor innocent girl in the face. I was landing flat on my back in the middle of a bunch of really kind, sympathetic people who helped me up and inquired after my well-being and patted me on the bum and sent me back to my friends and went back to mosh-pitting and dropping other crowd-surfers who got pushed their way.

And that is the story of the first (and last?) time that I crowd-surfed.

No comments:

Post a Comment